Friday, October 11, 2019

Autumn with Power Poppy

Thanksgiving (and Christmas) in my family includes a non-traditional pie because my dad loved my grandma's apple pie so much. It stuck and became tradition! I made my card in the All-American apple pie colors, but the true color of the apples just wasn't colorful enough for my card! So I made a cherry pie instead. Not sure which family member I'll send this card to, yet.



SCS Ways to Use It Challenge:

Rough - burlap, faceted red rhinestones
Smooth - sheer ribbon

Power Poppy World Card Making Day Challenge- fall theme


Simon Says Monday Challenge - Fall/Autumn


Stamps: Power Poppy digital set: All Things Apples
Paper: SU real red cs & dsp; GP white
Ink: Copic markers, printer
Accessories: burlap ribbon, MFT wonky stitched square die cut, ribbon, rhinestones




SCS Free 4 All challenge- ancient times

I started using digital stamps just a few months ago. I love autumn and pumpkin bouquets, so when I saw this Power Poppy digi set, I knew I had to have it. I just needed to wait for summer to be done :) I haven't used this particular image until now. This wooden garden chair reminds me of many of the historical Christian romance books I love so much.

Power Poppy challenge- What flower are you?

My favorite flowers are any that are orange. And when they are paired together with pink flowers, that's perfect. Here the colors are paired together with beautiful pink dahlias and the orange coming from the pumpkin. Orange is bright and cheery in any season, but it shines bright in the summer and fall. Orange is the color of joy and creativity. It is stimulating, vibrant and flamboyant. Caution though... studies show that it can create physical effects such as increased hunger!

Simon Says Monday challenge - fall/autumn


Stamps: Power Poppy digi set: Season's Seatings; GKD sentiment (Autumn Blessings)
Paper: retired SU dsp, GP white
Ink: Memento black; Copic markers; printer
Accessories: GKD double stitched rectangle die cut; generic small rectangle die cut, SU pumpkin pie taffeta ribbon

Card detail: The sentiment is popped up by layering several die cuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas with Bugaboo

SCS Inspiration Challenge- Cox & Cox UK I was inspired by two things for one card: a singing reindeer trio and a starry throw blanket t...